Friday, January 17, 2020

The Beginning of the Final Task!

Hi there, I'm Shania! I am an 11th grade student at Fort Lauderdale High. Ever since my sophmore year, I've been enrolled in the Cambridge Program. In my previous year, I took Aice English General Paper, Aice Psychology, and Aice Global Perspectives. Currently, I am taking Aice Thinking Skills, Aice English Literature, Aice U.S History, and Aice Media Studies. I am extremely grateful to be apart of this program because I have the opportunity to graduate with two diplomas. For my social life, I am the head Captain of the cheerleading team. I've been cheering for about 11 years. I love the sport because it's a great way to deal with my stress and to meet new people. It's been a great year being able to lead the team while creating a sisterhood. Currently, we are cheering for basketball season. This season is less hectic than football season. It makes it way easier for me to balance both school and cheerleading. Speaking of school, we recently got assigned to create a film for a movie. My groupmates are Kaliyah, Chad, and Karin.

So far, I am enjoying this class. It's pretty unique compared to other classes. For example, we have the freedom to create our own commercials, music videos, movies and etc. We also learned how to blog about our experiences while producing these projects. After completing one semester of the Aice media class, I've developed many skills. For starters, I learned how to edit videos using an editing software. I also learned the different terms for camera angles, shots, and movements. This allowed for me to explain the angles and shots I took with the camera. I also learned how to set up a tripod and how to import and export footage onto a computer. A talent that I think i've learned about myself is taking good videos and being able to direct.

A pitch is a hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is enscapulated in 25 words or less. Usually, pitches are one sentence. My group and I came up with three pitches.
1. Michael and Naomi feel in love on their first date .The love was short lived once Naomi fell for Steven and Michael wanted nothing  but Steven dead .
2.He met this girl thinking he was going to fall in love , the whole time she was plotting something sinister, something he might not survive.
3. Someone follows three teenage girls while getting ready to have fun at their first college party. One goes missing and now they can’t find her.

No comments:

Post a Comment