Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming Day 1!

Before the week started, we completed our storyboard. It was good that we completed our storyboard because we were able to check out a camera to film. Our filming day was set to be on January 17, 2020. Luckily, things went to plan and we filmed on that exact date. My group members carpooled to my house. Kaliyah picked up Chad first since he lives closer to her. Then, she picked up Karin and headed to my house. Upon arrival, I set up the camera to film the getting ready part of the film. This scene was recorded in my room. Meanwhile, Chad filmed Karin and Kaliyah talking on the phone so that we can create a split screen.

When I first recorded scene 6, the ringer on my phone wasn’t working. I needed the sound to work because without it my phone will not make the ringing sounds that we included in our sound script. I decided to restart my phone to see if it would help. Surprisingly, it did help and the sound started working again. Moving forward, I had to film three takes of the same scene because the lighting wasn’t right. We were filming around 5:30-6:00 so the sun had already started to set. Eventually, I was able to capture the scene in good lighting. The next scene that we filmed at my house was when kaliyah and karin picks me up. For this scene, Chad recorded me walking out the front door of my house to the car

No comments:

Post a Comment