Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the Commerical

Prior to last class, we were given the opportunity to start filming our commercials. It was our first time using the equipment required to make our project. Personally, the filming process was pretty fun and I really enjoyed it. Once we finished getting all of our footage, we can’t back inside and turned back in the camera and tripod. I kept the SD card so that I can start dumping the footage onto the desktop. The computers that I was working on was an older computer so it didn’t work as fast. It took nearly 30 minutes to upload some of our footage onto the computer. However, I was able to finish putting the footage we took that day on the desktop. 

Today, my group members and I were able to finish recording all of our footage to complete the filming process of our commercial. I acted in majority of the scenes which was a different experience for me. In addition, I also helped record some footage that we needed for the commercial. When we were completed with the all of the footage and was ready to move on to the editing process, we experienced some technical difficulties. When we came back into the classroom, I was prepared to finish dumping the footage we took today onto the computer. However, the computer that we used last
class was in use because not all of the computers were working. Therefore, we were unable to dump the footage onto the computer. Luckily, we had our own personal SD card which allows us to dump the footage onto the computer next class. 
Although, we were planning on at least editing our footage that we already dumped. However, we were informed that the editing software was down.

Our teacher had scheduled for our class to start the editing process of our commercials today. Due to the inconvenience, the class and I was unable to edit our raw footage. The editing software that we were supposed to be using today is Pinnacle Studios. We were taught a couple weeks ago, how to use the software when we edit our videos. I was hoping to get an hands on experience of the software but it was shut down. The combination of the old desktops and the software being down did not benefit my group whatsoever. Even though we couldn’t edit, I planned out what we may want to include in the background of our commercial. For example, I thought that it would be a cool idea to add background music in the commercial. Also, Kaliyah and I thought it would be a good idea to include the Nestle logo at the end. The last minute ideas enhanced the project!



No comments:

Post a Comment